Sunday, February 1, 2009

If you don't have anything nice to say...

Hello, guys...

So, my friend Brianna told me I've been slacking on my blogging and urged me to give everyone an update. The truth is, I really wanted to have positive things to say. I was trying this new upbeat, optimistic thing and going with the old adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." She told me that maybe people need to hear about my struggles because everyone goes through it... So here I am.

It seems that I've been struggling a little. And by a little, I mean some of my old (quite horrible) habits have popped up. Another high-stress week at work (seems like a theme, doesn't it?) and I resorted to late night snacking -- and on some pretty unhealthy foods. I allowed myself to sleep in one morning instead of going to do my cardio. Seems like I'm at an important fork in the road... I need to choose the right path even if it's more difficult.

Problem is, ever since I gave myself some leeway (which I never deserved in the first place), I'm finding it difficult to get back on track. But it's so important for me to not let the slip-ups in the past to hinder my progress... If I give myself the out, I will end up back where I was last year (and that's the last thing I want!) So it's starting over every day until I get it right... it is impossible to be perfect all of the time, but that is no excuse to give in. I'm picking myself back up!

Happy Sunday! Have a great week!
LP

p.s. -- how's that, Bri?

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Good for you! We all go through bad spurts. I've been having one myself. This past week/weekend has been aweful! I have been snacking on unhealthy stuff way too much. I've been keeping up on my exercising but only to balance out my eating and I hate that. Today I feel aweful, I just feel bloated and huge. I know I'll be eating unhealthy today because we're headed to a superbowl party but I've made up my mind to start fresh tomorrow and to stick to it all week!
You can do it...it's tough...but you definitely don't want to go back to where you started!

Stef said...

I've been there, many many times.

Maybe try NOT thinking of this as a fork in the road? That makes it sound so all or nothing, and none of us will ever be successful if it's all or nothing. Just excuse yourself for being human over the last few weeks, and concentrate on just starting to make the right decisions again, little by little. You'll get back on track, and it doesn't have to be some massive, intimidating ultimatum.

We're all rooting for you!

Laura P said...

Thanks, Stef...
"all or nothing" mentality has been a problem of mine on this journey ever since I went on my first diet. It's hard for me to let go of that kind of thinking. I guess know that I need to get back on track before I get too far gone (although I know every minute is a new opportunity to make a healthy choice).
LP

Anonymous said...

that's great! see...you're even getting some great feedback from cristina & stef too. :) and this post could show those struggling that no one is perfect & we all have our days. but you just keep focusing on your goals!