Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coming out of hiding

Well, 2 weeks has come and gone... I just finished a 14 day stretch at work. This was the most emotionally, physically and mentally draining stretch ever. I had some really sick patients and some really stressful days; I don't really want to get into it, but suffice it to say that I am glad that it is over.

As far as fitness goes, I haven't done anything in 2 weeks. It's the longest that I have gone without working out since I started my journey in Feb 2008. I went to the gym the first day of the stretch, but the I fell and hurt my knee that night It was nothing serious... I just wanted to be safe and rest it for a day or two. Two days then turned into four, which turned into seven which turned into 14. I just couldn't stomach the idea of getting up at at 4am when I was just so tired! Maybe my not getting to the gym added to my exhaustion and stress, but I felt that it was the right decision at the time.

The good news? I managed to maintain my weight during this time. Over my month without Sean, I lost something like 8 lbs (8 from my last official weigh in -- it could be more or less overall since I can't remember if my weight was higher or lower when I decided to do it on my own). I'm even moved the ticker! And I'm on the fence of my initial goal again! I never shared it with all of you because it involves my actual weight... I got there once before on this journey and promised that I'd never get there again but then I backslid. Hopefully, I can make it stick this time.

So it's back on the fitness trail today! I'm seriously considering going back to Sean, but I need to think about what specifically I need and want from him first.

Happy Thursday!
LP

1 comment:

ashley!nocera said...

hey! I'm actually making the recipes up as I go. Just going off of the foods and flavors I like and experimenting with it all. You can use anything you want. I hear that spinach, cucumbers, and carrots are basically undetectable in smoothies so that's why I'm using spinach. Plus, it's really good for you. And you can't even taste it at all! The fruit over-rides the vegie flavor. It's awesome! :)