Saturday, June 25, 2011

A surprising decision and starting points...

Finally, a decent night's sleep!

I woke up this morning and decided to do a 5K... One of my new friends in my Body Back class organized the 'Jack and Abby 5K' in memory of her twin babies that became angels while in the NICU. I wanted to show my support and also, get my exercise in for the day. I decided to walk in honor of Delaney Hope, my friend's daughter who spent her entire life in the NICU.

It was a lovely day and a beautiful event. There were lots of families and everyone was very friendly.

Not having trained or prepared for the race, I decided to just see what happens. My goal was to finish it and I hoped to finish it under an hour. I figured that it would be a great place to start -- I can't wait to see myself improve!!

And I did it! Finished in 57:55. Lots of room for improvement, but today I will celebrate my success.

Thank you Stefanie for hosting a wonderful event and to Jen from Body Back who rooted me on!

Happy Saturday!
LP

No comments: