Wednesday, June 29, 2011

That which does not kill us...

"You're on the road to success when you realize that failure is only a detour."

Went to the doctor for my hip pain; it turns out I have tensor fascia lata tendonitis. And the prescribed treatment was complete rest, ice, nsaids for at least a week or until pain is gone. Then I can stretch and walk, and then I can start training again.

I was so frustrated I cried in her office. I just got the enthusiasm up. I am determined and going strong and now, ROADBLOCK! I don't have a good track record with when I lose momentum... What was I going to do? I was able to negotiate the ability to do upper body workouts and swim if it doesn't hurt. So, I went to Mom's Treehouse and talked to Alex and Rachel (my Body Back trainers). And I cried again when I told them. But then I was able to calm down and develop a game plan. I will focus on my nutrition, do upper body workouts, and just keep the routine of doing what I can.

I realize that I have a unique opportunity for growth. I can let this defeat me (as I would have so many times before) OR I can persevere and come out the other end stronger and better for it.

Well, that's all for now...
Happy Wednesday!

LP

No comments: