Sunday, December 21, 2008

Looking for a silver lining...

So, as you all know, I've been pretty down this holiday season... For the first time ever, I am working on Christmas. Not the way I want to spend my day. It's made it kind of difficult to get into the spirit of the season.

This weekend, my parents and my sister with her family came up to celebrate Christmas early. It was my first holiday at my house. It was really great to see everyone, although I am not very used to having a screaming 2 year old around (even if she is super-cute, she sure can be loud)! We had dinner catered from Ukrops, which made the work involved much more bearable! And this evening, some friends will hopefully be coming over to help me with the leftovers!

But there is a silver lining in having to work on Christmas (fitness-goal wise, anyway). It's going to be much easier to be good and stay on track! And the prospect of a fitness assessment Jan 3rd is an additional motivator to do just that!

So, in case I don't check in again before then (I've been a little slack with the blog-writing lately!)... Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2009!

LP

1 comment:

Lucky Mom said...

Laura, can't believe in all this time you haven't been working on Christmas! It sounds great that your family was able to come here to celebrate with you. Have a great holiday and fitness assessment!