Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting back on track (again)...

And I'm back! I've decided that optimism is the only way out of this rut...

As painful as it was, I made it to the gym this am to do my extra cardio. I started a new journal. I figure a fresh, new journal is a fresh, new start. I'm equipped with my older, simpler rules and motivated by the threat of having to get back some of my old clothes (Lord knows I certainly don't want to waste any money on clothes that are bigger!)

I received a very pleasant surprise today that has boosted my happy thoughts and encouraged attitude. I recently read The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid. I loved this book! In it Shauna so eloquently describes her (and my) challenges and struggles in a way that I never could. It left me inspired and motivated all over again! Well, a little while ago I sent her an email to tell her how amazing I think she is and to thank her for sharing her story. I told her a little about my journey thus far and gave her the address to my blog. I never expected that I would hear from her but today I received an email from Dietgirl herself! Not only that, but I could tell from her reply that she in fact took a peek at my little blog... it made my Monday morning and I proudly showed it one of my friends at work (who loyally reads my ramblings and offers words of encouragement)...

Just the boost I need to get back on track!

Happy Monday!
LP

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Glad to see your back!
I used to follow Diet Girl's blog...I'll need to revisit it and check out her book. ;)
Lately my mojo has been hiding. :)