Sunday, August 23, 2009

Never say never...

I think everyone knows that I don't cook. When I started working with Sean, it was enough of a struggle to get me to grill chicken on the George Foreman and microwave veggies...

One of my good friends, Stef, has a healthy living blog -- in it she features many healthy and yummy-looking recipes. In fact, cooking is one of her hobbies... something I admire and envy but never so much that I felt inspired to whip out my own pots and pans... until now!

Are you sitting for this? I cooked! A few days ago, Stef showcased this chicken recipe with artichokes and mushrooms... It looked delicious and the recipe seemed easy enough (apart from the emergency "how much minced garlic is equivalent to a clove?" call). It was quite tasty and it's good for me. I served mine with brown rice, but it could easily be served over pasta or stand alone (I think that's how I'll have it tomorrow for lunch!).


I even took pictures!
I dedicate this post to Stef, who inspired me to branch out and enjoy a healthy new recipe, and to Nikki, my friend from work who always encourages my food and fitness adventures. I'd share with her tomorrow, except that I know she doesn't like vegetables, and I'm pretty sure that includes mushrooms and artichokes...

Happy Sunday!
LP
ps -- here's the recipe!

5 comments:

Stef said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad it worked out. For me, the best thing was to just START cooking and not feel intimidated by it anymore, but just get in there and start experimenting. You've done it!

The Carter Family said...

HAHA. you are right, I don't like mushrooms and artichokes! But it does look yummy, I'll see it tomorrow and let you know what I think!! Congrats on the new recipe, and here's to many new adventures to come!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, cooking is fun! It is the chopping of vegetables that is not! I made eggplant parmesan from my eggplants from the garden today - just chopped and added the eggplant to breadcrumbs and alternated with mozzerella and sauce. I find I can eat healthier if I cook too. Cuz I am more apt to use healthy alternatives (I made my own breadcrumbs from this homemade whole wheat bread I make in my bread machine!).

Cristina said...

Good for you for pulling out those pots and pans...maybe it'll become the norm. ;)

Stef said...

My mom made this for dinner last night, too, and really liked it. :-)