Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A case of the blahs...

This weather is killing me... 17 years ago, when I decided to come to Richmond for college I honestly thought I was getting away from terrible winters. My senior year of high school brought weather that made NYC close twice... that was enough for me to get the heck out of dodge!

And now, we're looking at the possibility of a 3rd big snowstorm this season! I am so unprepared. My civic is not equipped to drive in this and to be perfectly honest, I don't trust others driving in it either. I'm pretty tired of being dependent on my 4WD-driving friends to get around. And the thought of being stuck at work again just makes me so sad... I did it in December and it was not fun. I keep praying that the meteorologists are wrong (but so far that's not working...)!

It has been a challenge to get my exercise in which is not helping matters either. It's been over a week since I have been able to do 10K training (first swamped at work, then this weather). I think not getting the exercise in is also breaking my spirit... I want to stay positive, but can't seem to actually do it.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in. I'm sorry it's not a more cheerful or inspiring post... but if it were, it wouldn't be real.

Happy Tuesday!
LP

p.s. - I wanted to thank everyone for all of the support! Lots of people have been telling me they're following me on my blog... it means so much to me to know I have so many cheerleaders!


No comments: