Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking for silver linings...

Today is kind of a yucky day. It's grey outside and looks like it wants to rain really badly but hasn't. The kind of day where you want to stay in your pj's and nap all day long. And instead of doing something fun, I'm stuck waiting for my car at the Honda dealership (and Dr. Phil is on once again, but this time he has nothing inspirational to say to me)...

But I'm trying hard to stay hopeful and optimistic so I guess that it's better not to dwell on the negative. So even on this very blah day I am happy about --
1) I ran again today -- this time for 2 stretches of 10 minutes. Not on the treadmill but "suicide run" style up and down the hallway at the gym.
2) I reconnected with a friend with whom I have been playing phone-tag for a while... He's a friend from junior high, high school and college. Our lives couldn't be any more different and it is such a treat to hear all about what is going on in his life even if I have nothing new to report...
3) My home is still neat and organized... this one surprises me (and probably anyone who knows me very well).

Not too bad from this Pessimistic Patty. Now, with any luck my car will be done soon and I can go take a nap. :)

Have a good one!
LP

No comments: