Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Self-reflection and the importance of letting go...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm wound a little too tight... Things upset me easily, and I can get myself worked up over what are sometimes small things. When I get that way at work, one of my good friends is usually there to remind me to "let it go". Sometimes that is easier said than done...

I've been thinking about things and I desperately need a change. I've been failing with my New Year's resolution to maintain a better work/life balance. Work is stressful, and that isn't likely to change any time soon, but it's up to me how I handle that stress. Being stressed out all of the time is not healthy. I'm certain it is in part sabotaging my fitness efforts, but more importantly it's making me really unhappy. I need to have some positive outlets for my stress. Working out used to do the trick, but now I'm finding that I need more. Finding a balance is what I need to do in order to stay sane...

So, I'm recommitting to working on these things today. Whether that be a new hobby, quality time with friends and family or just some time for self-nurturing, I am going to do something to help me let go of the stress and frustration that I've been keeping inside.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Have a wonderful day!
LP

No comments: