Saturday, September 26, 2009

The balancing act...

Achieving balance is something that is always a challenge for me. I often have an "all-or-nothing mentality" about things and so I'm either super-strict or super-slack with no middle ground. Add it to the list of the million things I am working on improving...

HOWEVER, I think I did a good job avoiding that wrong thinking over the past few days. While I have cheated each day of my birthday celebration (which this year happened to last 2 days), I have done a good job of getting right back on track. And even on those days, I made really healthy choices with the exception of my cheat dinners (eggplant parm and birthday cake on the 24th and a restaurant spinach salad w/chicken and some of my friend's creme brulee cheesecake on the 25th). Most importantly, today I got up and instead of beating myself up for cheating twice, I had my healthy breakfast and am going for my "run" now...

Who knows... maybe I'm growing up ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
LP

No comments: