Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 1 -- how many calories are in humble pie???

... because I just had a big piece of it!

I started training for the 8K. My neighbors are runners and they are helping me devise a plan to prepare -- I am to start with 20 minutes of alternating between walking for 90 seconds and running for 60. I'm supposed to "run" 3 times a week and only one of these can be on the treadmill... doesn't sound so bad, right?

Wrong! Even though I have been doing cardio consistently for 18 months, I could barely get through this workout. I started out with my treadmill workout - walking at 4.0 and running at 5.0. I found that I can only run for 45 seconds before I have to hold on to the handrails. My initial plan was to continue to walk for another 10 minutes after, but luckily Sean was ready for me so I had to go train.

I know that I am still sick and that may have made it a little harder, but I really thought I would be better able to handle the workout... and this is just day 1!

But I'm going to stick with it and I look forward to updating you on my progress...

Happy Tuesday!
LP

No comments: