Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered...

I had originally asked for last week off for our Girl's Weekend Extravaganza Part Deux (a bunch of high school friends got together in CT last September) that was supposed to be a reunion in San Diego. Unfortunately, since most of the girls are back in school our trip was postponed... bummer! I decided that I needed a break and I was determined to make the most of the time off. I called my friend Andrea and invited myself to Tampa...

What a welcomed break -- it was great not to think about work or weight loss or my imbalanced life for a while. I finally met Andrea's S.O. and her crazy (but cute) doggies. And while our beach trip was rained out (well, we managed to go to the bar on the beach and have a drink), I had a lot of fun relaxing, shopping, and hanging out with Andrea and some of her Tampa friends.

I think the trip renewed my spirit... I feel ready to take it all on again. And while I'm cautious about being overly optimistic (only to let myself down again), I'm ready to get back to business. I stocked my fridge with healthy food and have packed my bags for my early am workout.

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

Have a great week!
LP

No comments: