Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Training update...

Plugging along...

9/27 - rest day. no cardio
9/28 - running day: run/walking around the neighborhood... mainly 90 sec jogging with 60 sec walking. I started out attempting 2 minutes of jogging, but I lasted 2 cycles. I only lasted 18 minutes (see the obstacle below...) Finished up the 40 minutes with walking. Lower body workout with Sean.
9/29 - non-running day: walked 1.2 miles (3 times around the block) and then an upper body workout with Sean.

Another obstacle:
I've been having right hip pain after running. Feels like it's muscular since I have full ROM of my hip... I'm hoping that it's just my body adjusting to new exercise. I did have to stop running short yesterday, and today I took it easy with the cardio today. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll have to make an appointment with a doctor.

Added benefits of the running?
- I'm getting back on track with nutrition. I haven't noticed any changes in the scale, but I'm not focused on it.
- my time running is great time to reflect on whatever is bothering me... I've found it to be a great stress reliever.

Happy Tuesday!
LP

No comments: