Sunday, October 5, 2008

Checking in...

Hi all,

So, even though I know I shouldn't, I really am beating myself up about the blip in my progress... And the not weighing myself is killing me -- since I was on my way up, in my head I've gained 15# so far (even though that is probably not the reality). And as I mentally went over my routine, I couldn't figure out what I could do to step things up... It's a helpless feeling to think that you are doing all you can and your progress has stalled despite your efforts.

Which is why I love my journal... I decided to look over things and see what I could change. And I actually noticed some interesting stuff. Since August and my leg injury, my cardio has tapered off. Initially the "taking it easy" was justified and important but this far out probably isn't necessary. I was doing 45-50 minutes of cardio every "non-trainer" day (except Sundays) in July and going at least 5 miles on the elliptical. Lately, I've only done about 30-35 minutes and I haven't done any interval training. Aha!... something objective I can change. Suddenly, I've been given back some control. Time to kick it back into high gear!!!

So, take home message: journaling isn't just a chance to use pretty pens and cool office supplies or a place to write what you're doing as a meaningless exercise. It can provide some objective data and show you about what you can do to change things... And to Jason and the fam: thanks so much again for my new journal... I can't wait to start writing in it!!!

Happy Sunday! Have a happy and healthy week...
LP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally get your frustration! We "met" when I was just plain frustrated. Glad the journal came to the rescue!
:-)
Now how do you stop the stressing out over every meal/snack? I'm constantly anxious over what I'm putting in my mouth. No confidence, I tell ya!