Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lofty goals...

Hi guys,

I have been thinking a lot about my progress so far... I have been blessed with a tremendous amount of success to date. My lifestyle is 100% different than it had been only nine months ago -- thankfully, everything has become a habit and there is no going back. I do want to add that I am proud of what I have accomplished so far (just so there is no confusion about this)...

...but I need a new goal -- something to keep me going forward. Since I started on Valentine's Day 2008, I thought that wouldn't it be fitting for my goal deadline to be another holiday (this could be a cute theme for the rest of my fitness goals, too). So, I have decided that I want to have lost a hundred pounds by Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is 6 weeks away. I haven't weighed myself yet this week, but I think I have anywhere from 10-15 lbs to lose to reach this goal. So it's an obtainable goal, but ambitious. I wanted to share it with you all so that it is more real... It sets up some accountability. My trainer supports this goal, but suggests that I boost up the cardio to help me attain it. To that end, I have been doing cardio twice a day. I know that I may not be able to keep that up during busy stretches at work, but I can always add walking the stairs to those days (elevators are kind of a guilty pleasure for me). I also plan on continuing the journaling and the good nutrition. I will also have to try to limit the number of cheat days I take.

So, I'm putting my goal out there. I figure if by some chance I don't make it, all of that hard work will at least put me close to it... so what do I have to lose???

Wish me luck!
LP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome goal, and I totally think you can handle it!

You go girl!
:-)

Anonymous said...

HI Laura,
Sounds like you are doing very well & you should be proud. I think that increasing your cardio is a good idea & I would suggest decreasing your calore intake by adding alot of fish along w/ brocolli/asparagus or green beans. I have found that It works for me.I think that you can lose those extra 10-15 lbs by Thanksgiving. You will need to continue to be disciplined,but it will be worth it. Plan on rewarding yourself once you obtain the goal with something such as a manicure or new outfit.Keep up the good work! Reed

Lucky Mom said...

Laura, I noticed last week - since I haven't seen you in such a long time. I am so excited for you - thought sounds a little like a cult with the nutritional supplements and vitamins and cleanses! (LOL) Good luck with your goal ...you so deserve it!