Friday, October 10, 2008

Time for a breather...

Hey all,

So, I start a kind of long stretch of time "off" from work today. It wasn't asked for initially, but the schedule came out with 9 days in a row of no shifts for Dr. Paletta. I usually don't want to "waste" days off like that (when I have nothing planned) because it usually means working a harder stretch later, but I've got to tell you, this couldn't have come at a more perfect time...
Work has been a little stressful over the last few weeks (and yes, I know I had a vacation in there, too). Most of the time I love what I do, but there are those occasions (yesterday was one of them) that I just wish I was a carefree kid again with no job or responsibilities whatsoever. So this break from being at the hospital is just what I need.

Unfortunately, I'm a little bit of a procrastinator so there are things that I need to do to catch up -- both for work and at home -- but I'm sure there will be plenty of time for me to decompress and relax as well. And I'll have plenty of time for my new favorite stress reliever (which actually is doing cardio -- something I never ever thought I would say) and for spending time with friends and family. And the absolute treat at the end of this block of time off -- my cutie patootie niece Jasmine (pictured with me in my profile pic) turns 2 and I'm heading to Charlotte to spoil her as any good aunt and godmother should do...

I hope everyone has a restful and relaxing weekend.
Happy Friday!
LP

No comments: