Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cleaning out the closet...

Good morning...

I decided that it's about time to start emptying my closet. My body image is still a little skewed, but even I can tell that some things are getting to be too big on me. The problem is I hate shopping and so I have to wear the bigger clothes since I have nothing else to wear. But it's time to bite the bullet and say goodbye to my old outfits and make room for some new ones. (A side note -- anyone know of a place that has cute plus-sized clothing that aren't super expensive???)

So, getting rid of my old clothes is kind of an anxiety-inducing experience. I know I have no need for them anymore (as I intend not to go back to where I was), but I keep thinking what if I were to need them??? I know deep down it's not going to happen, but the thought has crept up nevertheless...

But the good thing about doing this cleaning out the closet now -- it's a little bit motivating to not go overboard over the holidays. After all, if I have no big clothes, what will I wear???

Happy Wednesday!
LP

3 comments:

lydia eve said...

Stacy and Clinton would be proud!

Anonymous said...

You are much braver than I am...I put all the big clothes in a container in the attic. ;-)

Stef said...

Lane Bryant has been my godsend over the years -- their sizing is pretty consistent and most of the time their clothes are great for both work and casual times. (Although they have had a few off seasons over the years!) Another friend just introduced me to the store Avenue, which I don't know well enough yet but could be another option. They both have good websites and lots of discount promotions.