Friday, November 7, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Hello everyone...

Happy Friday!! I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure that this is a great day. I'm working the afternoon shift today (which goes from 1pm-11pm) which means I got to sleep in a little. Having breakfast now and then I'll be heading to the gym for some cardio. The Friday afternoon shift is always extremely busy and can be kind of stressful, so I want to make sure I'm well-prepared...

I must say while I really did have a wonderful 2 days off earlier this week, it definitely wasn't enough to recover from my time on the wards. The last 2 days at work were kind of miserable, too. I was on edge the entire time and things that should be minor annoyances at most were completely stressing me out... and in turn I'm sure I was affecting the people who work most closely with me (sorry, Nikki!). I need to find a better outlet for my stress while I am at work, because being overtired seems to be the rule rather than the exception. After tonight I have a little longer of a break (I think 4 days) which will help. It should be enough time to get back into a healthy routine and maybe reprogram my negative attitude...

As for my nutrition and fitness, I'm doing okay. Not great... but okay. I'm making it to the gym regularly and that has been great. My food choices have been inconsistent. I've been doing a great job during the day but when I get home, things fall apart a little. The upside is I don't buy junk anymore so the damage is not that bad. But I probably need to do a better job with dinner than having low-fat cheese and whole grain crackers (especially when it's so easy to eat more than one would need of that kind of meal). I guess it all comes down to proper planning... maybe on work days I should start making dinner the night before too in order to prevent having to think too much about it. I think I'll give it a whirl next week and see how it goes. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day (not an assessment, but just a weekly weigh-in). I'm pretty sure my progress has stalled some. I hope I'm not gaining and will deal with it if I am (I've adopted Sean's "don't beat yourself up" strategy). I just need to get back on track...

Well, that's about it. I hope everyone has a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

LP

No comments: