Saturday, November 29, 2008

Surviving the holidays...

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving. This year more than ever I have so much to be thankful for. It was absolutely wonderful to get together with my family -- I don't get to see them often enough...

But Thanksgiving was pretty challenging in terms of my health and fitness goals. I did go for a nice long walk on Thanksgiving Day, but I had been working out far less than I was in the weeks prior. And, to add insult to injury, I fell victim to my old eating habits. I did try to be good but gave way to temptation and my cheat day turned into cheat days... sigh...

No big deal... I'm back at home and back to working out and eating right. But as I think about it some more, I'm a little bit fearful about the rest of the holiday season. For the next month temptations are going to be all around me! There are holiday parties and people spreading cheer in the form of baked goods at work. Usually, I am pretty good at saying no to sweets or other foods that I know I shouldn't have, but I'm not so good when it's everywhere!!!

So, I need yet another game plan... I think it's back to the journal. At least this way, if I plan on cheating I'll have to write it down. Maybe this way I'll be more mindful. And most importantly, I'm not going to beat myself up about the slip-ups.

At least year when the new year comes around I will already be well on my way to becoming a much healthier person.

Have a wonderful weekend!
LP

No comments: