Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Art of Improvisation...

I like to think that I'm learning a thing or two about myself along this fitness and weight-loss journey. I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit that I am able to push through challenges and do things that I never thought possible... I'm also learning that I don't like change and that I can get pretty rattled if things don't go how as expected. This is one of my struggles...

I'm working on becoming more flexible and able to "go with the flow". Today tested my improvisation skills. After working with Sean I decided to go to the track at UR... but lo and behold -- track is closed because they are building an on-campus stadium. And while there is the path along the lake, it began to rain even heavier... harumph! So, instead of letting the day go to waste, I popped in a DVD and got in a workout. So, I'm giving myself kudos on improvising! And now I can watch The Biggest Loser tonight guilt-free!

But, seriously... when is the rain going to stop???

Have a great day!
LP

No comments: