Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not your momma's exercise video...

I'm getting bored with the cardio again. The elliptical machine and the treadmill provide me with good workouts, but I'm finding the need to expand my horizons...

Sean recently brought in a DVD player and Wii into the gym. Usually he has on Rocky videos as a source of inspiration, but tucked in the corner was his collection of P90X workout DVDs. I decided to give them a try...

... and I'm glad I did! It's been a welcome diversion. So far I've tried the KempoX (which is a kickboxing/martial arts workout) and the CardioX DVDs. They're a lot of fun and super challenging! I've never been one to enjoy exercise tapes but these are different... no girls in leotards or sports bras here! And I'm apologizing in advance at the stereotype, but I think because they were designed for men, there is no complicated choreography to master.

I'm pleased to say that I have a new option... and keeping things fresh is what I need to succeed!

Happy Tuesday!
LP

No comments: