Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Next Best Thing...

This morning was a struggle. I couldn't get myself out of bed to save my life! (probably because I stayed up late to watch The Biggest Loser Finale). I have to work this afternoon/evening, and I knew as much as I didn't want to do it, I had to get some exercise in...

So, I did the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga (which was available on OnDemand). This was my first yoga experience. It was challenging, but definitely do-able. I got a good workout in and never had to leave my house (although I did eventually have to get out of the bed).

I guess the moral of the story is (once again) the importance of getting rid of the all-or-nothing mentality. If all I did was beat myself up for not making it to the gym, I would have missed out on an opportunity to try something new (and burn some calories in the process!).

Striving for excellence, not perfection...

Happy Humpday!
LP

No comments: