Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2010 is here... can you believe it?

Yesterday I managed to steal a few moments for reflection on the past year. Last year was quite a rocky one on my weight loss journey... it was an uphill battle for all of 2009. And it's a little disappointing to think about how this detour cause significant delays in my reaching my final destination. I had projected that I would be at a healthy weight by my 35th birthday -- unfortunately, that is no longer mathematically possible... sigh...

While I may have lost progress and made mistakes this past year, I can be proud of some of the things that I achieved. I did my first race (well, not counting the Lake Run 10K in junior high) and signed up for my second. I met a lot of wonderful new people and learned the value of great neighbors. I went by myself on vacation to KY and WV and represented my branch of the family tree. I started a journey of introspection and am learning more about myself each day. And most importantly, despite the setbacks of 2009, I never gave up on the commitment I made to myself that Valentine's Day to become a healthier and happier person...

I want to thank you all for being my cheerleaders and champions. I look forward to updating you on all of my successes in the next year.

May 2010 bring you all much joy, love, health and prosperity.

Happy New Year!!!
LP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Laura!! This is YOUR year!!!