Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Assessment Day...

So, I started my last day as a 32 yo with a fitness assessment. I've been working out with Sean for just over 7 months and every 6 weeks or so, we stop to gather data about how I'm doing...

...so far, things are going well. Since my last assessment, I lost another 11.5# (which, as I have mentioned in an earlier post was all from the Lean in 13 program) and another 6". That makes my grand totals 84.5# and 48". Still have a long way to go, but I'm going...

When I first started, I was putting up pretty big numbers at these assessments... And while Sean would be fired up for me, I lacked his excitement. I would call it my "guarded enthusiasm", mainly because I was so upset with myself about how bad I let myself get in the firstplace. I had to learn to get over it... after all, I couldn't change what was already done. I only had control over what I was going to do next...

So now I celebrate every little success. I know that eventually the amount I lose at each assessment is going to be smaller but I think I am prepared for the decline (or so I tell myself). When I think back on the changes in my life over the past 7 months, I can't help but be proud. And I can't wait to see where I am a year from now...

Have a wonderful Tuesday night!
LP

p.s. -- the promised progress pictures will soon follow!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your success!!! That's truly wonderful!!!

I feel like my successes are slowing down and it frustrates me (like I described in my e-mail). It's funny how the mind works against you sometimes, eh?

:-)

lydia eve said...

WOOHOO! Doing a celebratory dance for you... those are some awesome numbers!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

TeamVAFitness.org said...

I am doing a little dance for you as well, that is FAB! I know you feel better. We are never a finished project, we are always a work in progress. As long as you are going the healthy direction you are good to go :)

HAPPY BDAY 2, that is soon, like yesterday or today :)