Monday, September 22, 2008

Why does failure have to come in multiples of 5???

Sometimes, when Sean is unavailable, he has me work out with Hope. He writes up a workout for me and then Hope leads me through it. Saturday was one of those days...

... and they worked me hard. It was a great workout -- very challenging! I'm sure some of the weights that we did were completely new to me. I even looked at Hope a few times in a "are you kidding me?" kind of way. And as for the number of reps that I had to do, there were many, many exercises that I had to do "until failure" -- meaning, until I couldn't physically lift the weight one more time...

Before Hope was a trainer, she was an accountant, which means she's really good with numbers. I can appreciate this... my muscles, however, did not. For example, even though my muscles reached "failure" for a given exercise at let's say 17 reps -- since 17 is not a nice round number-- I would be "encouraged" to do 3 more. And, don't get me started on ball crunches -- let's just say that with that exercise in particular, failure is a very difficult place to reach...

I was super sore on Sunday... It felt like I had a "last chance workout". Hopefully it will pay off tomorrow morning!!!

Happy Monday!
LP

No comments: