Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spark People

No, I'm not talking about people who love Advocare's energy drink, Spark. We all know it's awesome, but this is about something completely different...

People who know me well know that I am a school-supply nerd. I love any chance to go out and get new pens and notebooks and post-its. So, when I was told that I needed to keep a nutrition journal I was excited to go buy new supplies. I'm on my second notebook now, all decked out with multiple colored pens (black for what I eat, blue for my editorial/commentary, red for injuries or things to tell my doctor, green for questions for Sean). Journaling is a key component to weight loss success -- at least in the beginning until you get the hang of things.

For those of you who do not share my passion for Staples or Office Max, I want to introduce to a really cool website: www.sparkpeople.com. It is an excellent resource for anyone who is looking to get on track with their nutrition and fitness. Not only does it have an online nutrition journal that helps you stay on track, but it is loaded with articles about wellness. For those of you who actually cook, there are a bunch of healthy recipes, too.

So if you're looking for a new tool to help you with your efforts, check it out!

Happy Wednesday!
LP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I'm a friend of Christi Reinlein's! I just wanted to thank you for the kick in the butt to start keeping some type of journal (I'll check out that website tomorrow when I'm less than half asleep). Keep up your weight loss play-by-play! It's no fun doing it alone!
I also liked your post about not worrying when I've slipped off my plan...I fret about that so much (especially the past two days when I was away on a work trip; didn't have time to exercise and ate crap).
Thanks again!
:-)
Nancy
:-)
Nancy

lydia eve said...

When I was in college, I had a credit card I used to buy my books every semester, and my dad would pay the bill. What he didn't realize is that every semester, I bought about $70 worth of wonderful pens and notebooks and stuff! I love that stuff. :)