Friday, September 12, 2008

FRUSTRATION!!!

So, this would be one of those lower points I spoke of in my first post...

In August I had a mild injury -- a small tear in my left calf muscle. It made for an interesting couple of days (icing, wrapping, wearing sneakers whether or not they were appropriate for my outfit...), but I took care of myself and got through it. Right before Labor Day, hurt the same leg, albeit to a much lesser degree. Since I was wearing the same shoes both times (cute ballet flats but with no real support), I blamed them and got rid of the shoes. And things had been going well...

... until today. I went to work out with Sean and I was in a fantastic mood. I was ready to get some good work done. And then in the middle of our second exercise of the day, my injury reared its ugly head once again... I felt a sudden pain, and had to stop. We iced and wrapped my leg and then focused on other muscle groups, but I was practically in tears from the frustration. Up until this point, I had been doing so well, and I'm really afraid of any setback that is going to hinder my progress... I know I'll get through it, but it's really really annoying.

Well, thanks for letting me vent...
LP

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm right there with you. I know you know this, but the best thing to do is let it heal. Remember, you don't have to be killing yourself with exercise in order to get the benefits from it (hee hee... I had to learn that one the hard way). This is an amazing blog and you are such and inspiration to me!! Keep it up! You are a star!

Laura P said...

Thanks, Kim -- As you may know, doctors often make the worst patients...