Friday, September 12, 2008

Progress Pictures (or lack thereof)...

Over the past year I have been so grateful for the support of friends and family while I'm on this journey. One of my dear friends, Lori, often leaves me voicemail messages cheering me on. Unfortunately she lives in NJ, which means that she doesn't get to see me very often, and so to that end is always asking for new pictures so that she can see my progress...

It may come to no surprise to you that I can't stand having my picture taken. I'm too self-conscious and like many people (heavy or not) I never like the way I look in pictures. I'm getting better about this, but I still tend to shy away from the camera most of the time. I will take new shoulder-up pics for my Facebook profile to give Lori some idea of how I'm doing, but I haven't been into documenting the journey with pictures... In fact, I didn't even take a picture when I started working with my personal trainer, Sean.

Anyway, because I'm also trying to change my negative thinking as well, I'm thinking that I have to get over this "fear of seeing myself in photos". As soon as I muster up the courage, I'll put up some pics -- maybe after my next assessment at the end of the month.

Have a wonderful day!
LP

No comments: