Tuesday, September 9, 2008

An introduction...

Hi all --

So, I wanted to start by telling you about how I got to this point... 2007 was a pretty rough year. I lost my grandfather, my dad's health was getting worse, and I was the unhealthiest I have ever been. I am a doctor and part of my job involves counseling patients on making healthy choices. I was at my heaviest weight and I was having problems walking longer distances without getting back pain. I was a horrible role model... I decided that enough was enough.

A friend of mine introduced me to Sean Murphy, owner of Fitness Together, in Feb 2008. He specializes in one-on-one personal training. At the time I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but my life was about to change...

I've changed the way I think about nutrition and fitness in general. I have totally changed my eating habits and have been consistently working out 5-6 days a week. I added Advocare nutritional supplements to the mix and my success was amplified. It's been only about 7 months since I began, and even though I am a work in progress and have quite a way to go, I'm pretty excited about what I have accomplished so far... I have lost over 70 lbs and over 40 inches, and it's just the beginning... I am well on my way to becoming a healthy weight.

As one might imagine, I have taken on a huge endeavor. I have highs and lows but continue to persevere... I decided to start this blog to chronicle my successes and setbacks. This way, maybe my friends will hear less of my whining when the road gets rough (although somehow, I doubt it).

So welcome to my journey!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Wow! Truly amazing, Laura. Thank you for putting this together and sharing your story. I will be following along beside you -- rooting you on!!

Carmen said...

Popping in to say hello! Today was my first day of Lean in 13. I'm diligently trying to keep a journal for this as well. Only one thing has confused me thus far. You can have 1 cup of All-Bran Cereal... but no milk... sorry, but I cannot eat my ceral with water or spark :)

Have a great week, Laura!! Carmen

Carmen said...

I wonder why my first post lists my first name, April, and not Carmen? Mmmmkay...